Spacehead Joe

There are a number of reasons this blog stood quiet for a long time.

There are now a number of reasons its going to become a little bit noisy again. With the weekly design challenges at work happening and me taking some pieces home to work on a little further, having a few sketchbook lunches at work alone and or with a good friend, and also just having regular access to a desk; I've begun creating more personal work again.

It took a little while to get the ball rolling if I'm honest and, even though I have no large, overarching purpose or project for all this work, it just feels really nice to be doing something like this. Creating work for myself has taken on a very, VERY, different meaning to me this year. While I don't know what that meaning is yet, I know what it isn't anymore, and never will be again.

So enough gabbing yeah, lets look at some aliens shall we!?

This little sketch came about from one of the sketch lunches I had with my friend at work.



For what ever reason, I kinda liked his expression and simply decided to give him a bit of a body and paint him out with some colour. At this point, I had no back story in mind and wasn't planning on taking it any further than a quickly painted portrait. I got to this stage and posted the screenshot to Facebook.


It was from there that me and a friend had a little (or rather a long) discussion about the alien and conjured up a whole back story for him... and his alien crew... and a little dog that somehow finds its way onto their ship. Soooooo, I present to you:


Spacehead Joe and the 'Fluffeh Doom Bringer.' There are a couple of other characters that came about from the conversation on Facebook, so now they need to be painted and maybe they'll grace this blog in the future. I say maybe, I'm sure they will.

Thanks for checking in.

Lloyd Harvey

Comments