New Art Work: A Tee Distraction




If you follow my work at all (a big thank you to ya'), you might know that I design art for games for other people and, recently, I've started a project to design my own computer game based off of some of my own art work. Doing design work for games is a great deal of fun and I love the challenges it can pose, the vast creative opportunities to be had and the joy of creating a finished product with a team of other dedicated individuals is a feeling like none other. 

Working in the games, or entertainment field in general, as any kind of production designer maybe be a barrel full of fun but, and this is no secret, its a great deal of work. Because it is such a time consuming pursuit, especially when working in a small team, you run the risk of burn out, you become at danger or loosing interest in the work and, more sadder, loosing your love for creating.

This is why, from time to time, I feel its important to get away from game related stuff, and just paint something silly or work on a little project that is a short series of pieces or something. I feel that its important to get some distance from time to time to escape those dangers and remind yourself why you love doing what you do.

Now... I've been rocking the same look for the past 5-6 years and that is a t-shirt and jeans combo. I'm lucky enough to work from home so this is my office wear. Over the course of many years, I've gone through many t-shirts and recently, I've been throwing away more old tees than acquiring new ones.

Design is all about problem solving, or creating a solution to fulfil a need. I need new t-shirts and I need to do something that isn't game related. I want monster heads on my t-shirts. I don't see any t-shirts available that fulfil my needs, wants and taste. So I designed a bunch of my own.

Bird Like Demon Head, wear it with pride here.

Demon Head, grab your own here.

Dragon Head, say you killed your own here.

Shocked Alien, you can buy it here.

Swamp Alien, you can capture yours, here.

Although here, the heads appear to be wall trophies in design, the t-shirts themselves will just be having the heads on them. These are 5 of my favourites from the 10 I've so far done and will purchasing them soon. You can see them, and more, by looking at my Redbubble Profile.

Lloyd Harvey

Comments