The Door



"That Door. 'The' door. It is both a literal and figurative entity. You stand in front of it, knowing that you have to summon everything you have within yourself to walk through it. Knowing that on the other side is nothing but change and, once it shuts behind you, there is never any going back.

Yes, another door opens somewhere for you out in that bizarre, yet familiar new world, but you can't see it yet because passing through that frame in that moment is all you can focus on achieving.

On the other side, you may look back... A lot. You may wander around lost and aimless, trying to find a new sense of purpose. One thing is true and clear though, and it's the same for everyone. You must press on, even if only at a snail's pace.

I physically passed through a door like this not that long ago. I had no choice but to. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, but I do not regret doing it."


Some day, this will be explained. Right now, all I will say, is it's connected to this painting I did back in 2012. Been bouncing around on lots of projects recently and this is for quite a big one. Thanks for looking.

Lloyd

Comments